Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Metro State Alumnus Fred Taylor bikes for a cause


KING OF THE ROAD - Brooksville's Fred Taylor he'll put in nearly 10,000 miles prior to next month's grueling third annual, 860-mile Race Across the West from Oceanside, Calif., to Durango, Colo., to help fund the fight against MS.

Metro State alumnus Fred Taylor first got the itch to participate in the Race Across the West bike race after partaking in a similar, shorter race in Florida in 2009. But it wasn’t just the riding that attracted him to the races. It was the cause he rode for—multiple sclerosis.

"My entire life I've been so fortunate to be very athletic. I can't imagine life without being able to move if you're suffering from MS,” Taylor says. “I felt like if I could use my abilities to move on a bike to benefit others, why not?" So, now he is riding in the 860-mile Race Across the West in the 50-under standard bike type division.

"This is a challenge. It's outside of the box," Taylor said. "It's a rush. But it'll also benefit some good folks."

To read the complete Hernando Today article, click here.

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment