Friday, March 5, 2010

Win a Ring Contest Going strong with 80 entries. One week to go



Heartwarming, funny, sincere, creative... these words aptly describe the colorful array of entries submitted to the Metropolitan State College of Denver's Office of Alumni Relations Win a Ring Contest. Held on Facebook, this contest has more than doubled the number of fans on the Facebook Fanpage and has inspired nearly 80 entries to the contest. The contest ends on Sunday, March 14. Anyone can vote on entries, and the top ten most voted on entries will be included in the final vote, to be officiated by the Office of Alumni Relations staff. Three prizes are being offered: First: an official Metro State College of Denver Ring worth $300; Second: $150 gift certificate to the Auraria Campus Bookstore; Third: $75 gift certificate to the bookstore.

Entries have run the gamut. Nicole Barrientos exemplifies entries focusing on the question, "Why do you love Metro State." She said she's having Metro "withdrawals. Every day I wear my Metro State hoodie to display my Metro State Roadrunner pride! I will forever cherish my experiences I had while a student at Metro State!" She submitted various photos, including this one of a cake imprinted with her name and the Metro State logo.

Hedy Anselman's "Metro, my brain pane" melds creativity with this same pride. She wrote, "Metro State College has opened the window of my mind not only to the future, but to a new awareness and outlook into the world ... I’ve shared in things such as the development of a pre-school for autistic kids in China to Indigenous medicine in South America. I am so proud to be a student at Metro State College, my brain-pane."

And Wendy Ponns' and Alid Britt's entries bring in a bit of humor. Ponn wrote: "I smell my degree! It is so close! 82 days and a wake up and I am a Metro Alumnus!" While Britt supplied a photo of her leaping in the air on campus (photo at top of article).


Some of the more creative entries include, "Metro a Mouthful," by Kelly Keefe, and this poem by Angela Barsotti: Magnificent
Scholastic
Creative
Dynamic

MSCD.
Oh, for my days as a student on Auraria Campus at the college that to adults is geared.
The fun! The people! The classes! The struggle! The books, dog-eared.
To mark my achievement, a white-gold ring with onyx, lovingly worn till it disappeared.
The days have passed; my ring is gone.
Forever, the years at MSCD, revered

To read all the entries and see more photos, visit the Contest Home Page. Only people on Facebook can enter, but anyone can vote.


Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment