Monday, September 13, 2010

Suzan Dee: one of the many Metro State Alums to donate auction items for Plain & Fancy Ball


After spending nearly 20 years raising her children and substitute teaching, Suzan Dee (’90, elementary ed.) has branched out into a totally new career, running the Waxing Moon Massage and Skincare Spa with business partner Nancy Barnes, a Licensed Aesthetician. Dee, who specializes in massage, received her training at the Crestone Healing Arts Center, just north of Alamosa, Colo. Dee is passionate about her new career.

“I love helping people feel better,” she says. “Our bodies can heal themselves. We just have to slow down and remember that.” Dee doesn’t just rub her client’s muscles either. She works on helping people balance their entire systems, including helping them release emotional stress they might hold in their muscles.

“Our muscles hold memory,” she explains. “It takes a lot of energy to hold onto that stuff. When I work on people, I help them let that go.”

Dee also feels strongly about giving back to the community, which is why she has donated two 70-minute massages to be auctioned off at the Plain & Fancy Ball on Saturday, September 25. “Metro State was a huge part of my life,” she says. “I really appreciate the education I received. I’m happy to donate my services.”

You can reach Suzan at Suzan_Dee@hotmail.com or 970-470-3921. Her spa is located in the Holiday Inn, Stapleton, 3333 Qubec Street, Denver, CO 80207.

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment